Sunday, July 10, 2016

Shopping Ban

Not my Photo though :) but still banning shopping, for the mean time. 

I have received numerous SMSs regarding sales, further discounts and promotions from different shops. 

It is quite tempting! 

Since I have started off with Project 333 and will soon commence with The Minimalist Game, I have decided to take on The Shopping Ban for the next six months: just at a perfect time with the remaining 6 months until the end of the year. 

Inspired by the email I got from Courtney, again from Be More With Less, I told myself that it would be the perfect time to halt shopping for awhile. 

It is not about completely not shopping, but shopping only for the really required ones, thus, preparing the Approved Shopping List is a must. 

I had just ordered some pieces from Mango online. 

At first, I have around QAR 2500 on my shopping cart and I was able to reduce it to a whopping QAR 347 to be exact! 

I have taken only the ones that I badly need at the moment: a pair of black trousers (QAR 75) since the one that I have is worn out and could use some rest; a black blazer (QAR 59); black and white long-sleeved shirt (QAR 55), a plain white long sleeves (QAR 75) and two casual shirts (QAR 39 and QAR 44 each). 

I prefer buying them online as it is difficult to find the styles and sizes that I like/have in here. It is only during the sale season that I do my shopping from Mango. I love the fit and the looks plus they always have great prices and offers free delivery for purchases of at least QAR 200. 

Since I already have what I only need, I can finally prepare my "Approved Shopping List":

Groceries but no junk food, no chocolates
Lunch at the cafeteria if and only if I don't have my packed lunch, should be at least once a week 
Cake at least twice a month 
Takeaway Food if and only if I fail to prepare dinner
Conditioner - once a month

Banned Stuffs: 

Make up 
Lotion 
Shampoo - I have stocks to last me until the end of the year 
Magazines, Books - I have loads of unread ebooks and books 
Again, chocolates and junk food 
Soda 
Coffee from Starbucks - We have one in our office building so it is really tempting 
Clothes, Shoes, Bags 
Takeaway food 

I have taken on this challenge to hopefully control my spending (I can imagine a large grin on my Hubby's face), get rid of the items that I still can, make my life easier and simpler and to top it all, save more and pay off my debts (bank loan). 

Are you up to the challenge? 

Common, give it a try. 


No comments:

Post a Comment